The Palestine Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and the Palestine Institute of Biodiversity Research work to research, educate about, and conserve our natural world, culture and heritage and use knowledge to promote responsible human interactions with our environment. Our Goals:
1) Explore and research the diversity of the fauna, flora, and human ethnography via collections and research.
2) Environmental protection and responsible interaction between people and the environment.
3) Use the knowledge gained and the books and databases and collections to promote science education so that this institute becomes one that helps all segments of society in areas like biology, ecology, technology, archaeology, ethnology etc.
4) Cataloging and building a physical and an electronic data base of all animal and plant species existing as well as beginning to catalog and preserve objects/specimens related to natural history and biodiversity (including human diversity and history).
5) Develop respect a) for ourselves (self empowerment), b) for our fellow human beings (regardless of background), and c) for all living creatures and our shared earth.
We are a nascent (new) garden building both a botanical garden for visitors that depends on many local native vegetation and trees (some fruiting some not) PLUS a productive garden for example with permaculture and aquaculture (incl. aquaponics). The latter is going through research phase and testing what best works in our environment etc. Being affiliated with a university gives us much students (undergraduate and graduate) to do this work and then we transfer technology to farmers and use the university land as an educational facility for this. We are no expanding more in agriculture in parallel with doing the research and development phase (which has been ongoing for one year).
The Palestine Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and the Palestine Institute of Biodiversity Research work to research, educate about, and conserve our natural world, culture and heritage and use knowledge to promote responsible human interactions with our e...Read more
WWOOF Palestine 0014 uploaded new photos.
WWOOF Palestine 0014 uploaded a new profile picture to its profile.
WWOOF Palestine 0014 created a profile.
Want to visit?
Would you like contact information for this Farm? If you have already paid your WWOOFing membership fee, please Login. If you have not yet joined, please:
News & Articles from WWOOF Independents
- 2016-11-08 - New e-learning platform: LLOOF